Fast and Easy after a long day on trail! Just boil water and add Dehydrated Potato Leek Soup and Milk Powder!
- Olive Oil
- 6 cups chopped leeks, white and light green parts only, roughly chopped (about 2 large Leeks)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 3 Large Carrots
- 6-10 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 7 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups milk (powdered on trail)
- Add Olive Oil large soup pot. Add the leeks and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, until soft and wilted, about 10 minutes. Adjust the heat as necessary so as not to brown.
- Add the potatoes, Celery, Carrots, Stock, Bay leaves, Thyme, Parsley, Salt and Pepper to pot and bring to a boil. Cover and turn the heat down to low. Simmer until the potatoes are very soft.
- Fish out the thyme sprig and bay leaves, then purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth. If soup is too thin, simmer until thickened.
- Oil leather sheet and place on dehydrator trays
- Pour 2 cups of Potato Leek Soup onto each sheet
- Spread with spoon or spatula
- Dehydrate at 135° 4-6 hours.
- Boil 12 cups of water and add Dehydrated Potato Leek Soup and Milk Powder for 6 cups of milk and bring to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.